Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Cabbage
- ½ large head red or green cabbage
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish.
- 4 medium cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut cabbage into 8 wedges (about 1 inch wide), keeping the core intact.
- Combine Parmesan, garlic, oil, vinegar, soy sauce and salt in a small bowl.
- Arrange the cabbage wedges, cut-side down, on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush all sides of the cabbage with the garlic-Parmesan mixture.
- Roast until the edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Flip and roast until the cabbage is tender and golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper and/or Parmesan, if desired.