Simple Sautéed Carrots
- 8 medium carrots (1 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or other fresh herbs — we used a combination of thyme and chives)
- Peel the carrots and slice them diagonally into rounds (on the bias).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots and cover. Cook for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the lid, stir, and add the 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Continue to sauté uncovered 3 to 4 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh herbs and a few more pinches kosher salt to taste. Serve immediately