Spaghetti Squash Pasta
Use spaghetti squash instead of traditional spaghetti to reduce your carb intake and increase fiber!
- 1 Each Spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Herbs, no salt added
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- As Needed Fresh Parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Be careful not to remove the flesh!
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Bake the squash flat side down for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender.
- When the spaghetti squash is finished baking, remove it from the oven and set aside until it is cool enough to handle.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooled, use a fork to remove the flesh. The spaghetti squash can be pulled apart with the fork, creating long strands that resemble spaghetti.
Source: Christa Demment González, MSN, FoodShare Director of Culinary Medicine