Spicy Skillet Turnip Greens
Turnip Greens don’t have to be cooked to death to be delicious. These spicy skillet turnip greens are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Only 20 minutes start to finish!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound turnip greens cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust to preference
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 of turnip greens and allow to cook down then add the remainder of the greens and cook down.
- Add water, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until all greens are soft but not over-cooked