Spinach Berry Salad with Blackberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette
You will love this salad recipe. It’s beautiful, healthy, and ready to go in minutes!
- 8 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- 4 ounces crumbled soft goat cheese (also known as chevre) or you can use the same amount of cream cheese
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup strained blackberry juice (see notes below)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients until well-blended. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and set aside.
- Toss together spinach, cheese, walnuts, and blackberries in a bowl.
- Drizzle with the blackberry balsamic vinaigrette. Serve.
- To make the strained blackberry juice, just puree blackberries in a food processor or mash with a spoon. Then strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- If you’d like, save the blackberry pulp and pop it in a smoothie!