Strawberry Kale Smoothie
This is a quick and easy healthy breakfast or snack! With just a handful of nutrient-packed ingredients, this is the perfect kid-friendly vegetable and fruit smoothie.
- 16 ounces low-fat milk or non-dairy milk of choice (oat, almond, or coconut milk)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (or preferred berries, stems removed)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/2 to 1/4 cup chopped kale (frozen or fresh, if using fresh, massage with lemon juice before using)
- 1 Tablespoons creamy almond butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Optional garnish: fresh mint leaves
- Optional add-in: Avocado can be used in place of almond butter in order to provide a smooth texture and creamy taste.
- Add all ingredients into a high-power blender, Nutribullet® or Magic Bullet® and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into glasses, top with optional mint leaves, and serve immediately.