Stuffed Potatoes with Salsa & Beans
Taco night meets baked potato night with this simple recipe for loaded baked potatoes with salsa, beans and avocado. This easy, healthy family dinner comes together with just 10 minutes of active time, so you can make it on even the busiest of weeknights. This recipe is just as delicious with sweet potatoes in place of russets.
- 4 medium Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, warmed and lightly mashed
- 4 teaspoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes. (Alternatively, bake potatoes at 425 degrees F until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.) Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Holding them with a kitchen towel to protect your hands, make a lengthwise cut to open the potato, but don’t cut all the way through. Push the ends together to expose the flesh.
- Top each potato with some salsa, avocado, beans and jalapeños. Serve warm.