Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Sweet Ginger-Soy Dressing
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1/2 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (julienne cut)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat; cool.
To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water. Combine peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.