Sukuma Wiki (Kenyan Collard Greens)
Sukuma wiki is a delicious East African dish, made with a fragrant and delightful combination of collard greens, tomatoes, and spices. Serve it over brown rice or cauliflower rice. Ground turkey, ground chicken or lean beef are optional.
- 6 cups chopped collards
- 1 pound ground turkey cooked (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté onions in olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper, bouillon, salt, and black pepper.
- If using ground turkey, add it and stir.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Add chopped collard greens.
- Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes or until your preferred crunchy level.
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice or brown rice.