Summer Zucchini & Squash Salad with Tomatoes
A stevia sweetened dressing coats vegetables in this simple zucchini and squash salad. Stevia is a sugar substitute made from the leaves of the stevia plant. It’s about 100 to 300 times sweeter than table sugar, but it has no carbohydrates, calories, or artificial ingredients.
- 1 large summer squash
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or halved cherry/grape tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Stevia packets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Slice squash and zucchini into half moons. Arrange in steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam for a minute, then place in cold water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Combine squash, zucchini and tomatoes in large bowl.
- Mix other ingredients in small bowl and pour over vegetables. Toss to coat. Can be served chilled or at room temperature.