Sweet and Sour Carrots
Grilled pears are great alongside grilled pork or chicken, but they’re even better when served with ice cream, whipped cream, or frozen yogurt for dessert. The smokiness of the grill highlights pears’ natural sweetness to fabulous effect.
- 1 pound of carrots
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Chopped parsley
- Halve 1 pound carrots lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces; steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create a sweet and sour sauce. Simmer 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 smashed garlic clove and a pinch of salt until syrupy, about 3 minutes. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Season the carrots with salt and drizzle with the sweet-and-sour sauce. Top with chopped parsley