Sweet Potato Home Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3), scrubbed and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired, and thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with oil and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; season with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating sheet and flipping potatoes halfway through, until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter on medium-high. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add roasted sweet potatoes to skillet with vegetables. Toss with remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme into skillet; stir to combine. Check seasoning; serve immediately.