Sweet Potato Salad
Who says you can only use white potatoes for a potato salad? This dish will be a welcomed surprise at your next summer picnic.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water; let cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon until crisp, then chop or crumble into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place sweet potatoes in serving bowl and add celery, green onions and turkey bacon. Pour dressing over salad and toss until potatoes are coated. Serve cold.