Watermelon can be combined with a savory ingredients for a surprising and refreshing twist in this simple and quick gazpacho recipe.
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon (divided)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, coarsely chopped, divided)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of cubed watermelon and 1/2 of chopped cucumber; set aside.
- Process remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until puréed.
- Transfer all ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.