Southwest White Bean Chili from Tasty As Fit
Posted on January 4th, 2022
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1.5 cup green tomatillo sauce
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 Tablespoon vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups diced mushrooms, diced
- 1 can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can RO*TEL® tomatoes
- 1 32 ounce vegetable broth
- 1 can cannelloni beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lime
- Drain and rinse cashews and add to a high speed blender. Add in tomatillo sauce, arrowroot powder, and nut milk. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté until onions become translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, red pepper, and jalapeño, sauté a few minutes more. Add cumin and stir.
- Add in cauliflower rice, mushrooms, corn and sauté until all flavors are combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Add RO*TEL® tomatoes, vegetable broth, cannelloni beans, nutritional yeast, sriracha, salt, pepper, and stir. Bring mix to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stir in spinach.
- Stir in mixture from blender and allow to simmer for 20 minutes so soup can thicken. Squeeze in lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with avocado, cashew yogurt, vegan mozzarella.
Source: Tasty As Fit, Columbia, SC.