Asian Pork Chops
Regular soy sauce contains wheat and gluten, so if you need to follow a gluten-free diet, make sure you purchase gluten-free soy sauce for this recipe. This dish pairs well with our Asian Kale Slaw recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 pound total weight, fat trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, water, 1 tablespoon canola oil, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Add the pork chops and marinate them in refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes; until tender.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon canola oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear for about 5 minutes per side or until done. (Reserve marinade for later).
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer about 2 minutes. Place the pork chops on serving platter and pour the cooked marinade over them.
- Top the pork chops with chopped cilantro and serve with the steamed broccoli.